Saturday, March 7, 2009

Was that February we just passed?

So I realize that I am a month behind on my posts. I typically like to post once a week. I started to do eighties fashion a couple times, but stopped. I'm just not that into it. Move on already... Sorry to those of you pining for that post. Here's a picture I was going to use:



Those guys know what's hip...

As you may be able to tell from this picture, I was not necessarily going to write about fashion in the 1980s, but possibly fashion for people in their 80s. That may have been funnier, but I wasn't sure. Just in case, I looked for some 1980's fashion photos as well.


Here's an example:





We all wore Underoos in the 80s right? And check out those guns!

Okay... Here's another:





Reminds me of Beat Street...Not Breakin' or Breakin' 2 Electric Boogaloo... Beat Street


But, as you know, I seem to have taken February off. Maybe it was the inordinate amount of holidays for such a short month... Amber's Birthday, Valentine's Day, President's Day, Lincoln's Birthday, Washington's Birthday, Ground Hog Day, Boy Scout Day, Kite Flying Day, Umbrella Day, White T-Shirt Day, Toothache Day and Don't Cry Over Spilled Milk Day to name just a few.

February also has the Day the Music Died. That's the day when Buddy Holly, Richie Valens and The Big Bopper died in a plane crash...(They were rock and roll stars in the 195os. Rock and roll was genre of music made popular in the 1950s which was derived from the Blues among other things). I thought that was good to add from my readers who were born after 1985. They're still just little.

Alright... Here's a picture:





To top it all off, February is Black History Month. Add the study of Black History to the numerous of holidays and you have no time left for the sometimes frivolous, though always informative, posting that goes on here.



I don't think March will be as jam-packed. I'm not even going to look at my calendar...


That must be what this very fashionable octogenarian is doing...



Did I mention that Mardi Gras was in February...



Until next time...

*****************************************************************************

Hey, I really am sorry for not doing that Eighties Fashion post. With such a great response to the poll you would think I would have jumped right on it to please my readers. Nope.

Anyway, I have added a new poll on the top left where you can weigh in on your opinion as well as the opinion of as many dead people and pets that you should feel free to vote for as well.

Oh... In case you're wondering, February is really a packed month. There is literally a holiday every day of the month. And it's not only Black History Month but:

American Heart Month
An Affair to Remember Month
Canned Food Month
Creative Romance Month
Great American Pie Month
National Cherry Month
National Children’s Dental Health Month
National Grapefruit Month
National Weddings Month

Now you can see why I was so busy...It was Canned Food Month people...

2 comments:

Cassie Jensen said...

Why did no one inform me of American Pie month!? I am a self-proclaimed pie enthusiast. Jim, I'm thinking the Amber/Amy bday festivities should have at least included A pie, if not, be an American Pie celebration exclusively. We'll have to keep that on the calender for next year-

Cassie Jensen said...

I don't mean to monopolize the comments here, but... I believe I have the 80's fashion covered in my post from Friday- 80's Flashback. Check it out!