Friday, November 16, 2012

Blogs? Yeah I remember blogs...


I kind of feel like him today...


When's the last time you've even read a blog?  I rarely do anymore.  Remember when people kept up with people via blogs?  Then Facebook happened and we turned there.  Then Twitter.  I'm on both.  Who isn't?  Are we lazy? Will 140 characters and memes suffice now?   For me, the answer is usually yes, though I don't really know what a meme is or where that word came from.  Wait a second...

Okay, apparently, the word meme was coined by Richard Dawkins for his 1976 book The Selfish Gene, although his concept refers to a much broader category of cultural information.  Richard Dawkins is also an evolutionary biologist and atheist. Thanks Wikipedia!  I'm not either of those things though I do like large tortoises and marine iguanas. 


Follow me boys!


Do you mind if we hold hands?



One time I saw a show about lizards that looked like fish and lived in the desert.  Did anyone else see that?  It's been a long time.  Crazy fish.  I mean lizard.  Err sandfish lizard. Here's a picture:

I can swim in the sand. What can you do?


So, I've decided that I don't want to let this blog die.  Why?  Not sure.  But, I've decided to return.  Triumphantly?  Maybe... From the dead?  Kind of...  The question is whether you will?  If you are reading this, am I safe to assume that you have returned? 
 
Wait...  I know why I've returned.  It's because if I wasn't here, you wouldn't get to read posts that  inexplainably, to both the reader and writer, take unrelated topics and present them together.  For your enjoyment.  That's right.  Your enjoyment!
 
Anyway, thanks for coming by.  I think at least two people will look at this post.  Chime in if you do. 
 
******************************************************************************* 
You can still comment or tag or retweet etc. as always.  Please do.  Follow me on twitter too. I'm @happychowjones
 
Oh, here's the link to read about that fish/lizard if you want.  I really did see a show about these guys years ago and haven't seen them since.  Thanks Google!  http://www.scientificamerican.com/blog/post.cfm?id=a-lizard-that-swims-through-sand-2009-07-16.  They are pretty crazy. 
 
Read Galapagos by Kurt Vonnegut for a crazy tale about those facinating isles.

3 comments:

happychow said...

Welcome Back, Shum.

Abby said...

Yeah! I need some educational insanity back into my life.

Missed you Jimmy.

Lempskies said...

We refuse to conform & join facebook. So, we're still here just blogging along.
And we had another baby this year. That makes 4 for us. I think we'll conceed the fact that we are not keeping up the Joneses on # of kids b/c we are dangerously close to the threshold of "officially nuts". It's fun. We love being parents. It's just nuts.