Thursday, December 11, 2008

Banker's Dozen

This week I thought I would post about a group that plays a major role in our society...Bankers.
A banker is a person that you give your money to for safekeeping who in turn uses that money to make investments and generate a profit for the bank.





Here's a German banker in Iowa. Not sure what he was doing there, but he seems innocent enough. He probably kept most of the money from his bank in the vault for safekeeping.


A vault is a place where bankers keep money for safekeeping.





Here's one. The door is thick so that thieves can't come in. Unless you find a mathematical formula where the exact amount of vibration causes the vault to become unstable at an elemental level in order for thieves to walk through. Have I ever asked you if you watch Fox's new hit series Fringe?

When I think of bankers from the old days, I imagine them with armbands on their shirt sleeves.



Like this:



This is a store clerk. He's not real. Or a banker, but this is the best my research team could come up with. Great job guys.


This guy goes for a little more protection:



He's Zorro's Banker.

Nowadays, bankers wear their armbands in a little different place:


Doesn't that stretch them out?

Sometimes bankers meet the president:




Here's some with President Coolidge in 1923.

Here's one with President Bush:


I think this guy's in charge of something important. But, I'm not supposed to trouble myself with understanding such things...

Sometimes bankers have bad days:

There, there...

In the Great Depression, some had very bad days:


Don't try this!

I guess when the bottom falls out of this economy, our bankers might do it like this:

Don't do it Banker!!!!

I almost think of pulling the trigger after hearing this guy talk:

Who doesn't?

Well... and maybe this guy:

*****************************************************************************
Hi. Jim here. Thanks for checking out my blog. Feel free to leave your comments. My niece just started blogging again after a couple of months and my other niece said that reader comments can really inspire...I agree with that by the way...
Also, check out the new poll. Also if you decide to vote for a homeless Santa or two, go ahead. They might not have Internet access. So rock it for them!

4 comments:

Abby said...

Hilarious Jim. Where do you find all of your pictures? I missed your recent poll. I would have voted for Kwanzaa. I have learned a lot about it the past two years as I have been in elementary schools populated with a lot of African Americans the past 2 years.
PS I just found out about ambies blog. Why did she put her blog address on your Christmas letter and not yours as well? :o)

Merry Christmas!!

Jim said...

That's a good question Abby. She says she ran out of room, but I think there might be something else at work there.

You should also check out Inspector Deloris's blog. A super cool guy runs that one as well, but don't tell any one under the age of 10.

SSToone said...

That is awesome! Keith Olbermann and Al Gore are pieces of work for sure!

Joe Urvina said...

Nice! However, I am a little upset...I never got my armband!
I'll have to ask HR about that.