Wednesday, May 27, 2009

I'll take "Four's a crowd" for $500...

[Writer's Note: This post was published July 11, 2009. I couldn't figure out how to change it on here.]

In May of 2009 this Blog site had a four way tie on its weekly Poll...









What is Can't we all just Blog along?





Correct!





Thanks Alex...





So I don't know what to do... Sliders/Robber Barons/Game Show Hosts and Jumping on Trampolines?







Sliders are small hamburgers. Often steemed. They are regaining popularity now. Everyone seems obssessed with little burgers.





Here's a photo.











Robber Barons is a term for an industrialist who made a lot of money through unfair business practices.








Not robbers like this:







Robber Barons like this:





Starting with (from left to right) John D. Rockefeller, Andrew Carnegie, Cornelius Vanderbilt, and J.P. Morgan

Game Show Hosts:



Alex Trebeck is the best game show host ever. He knows everything. Enough about game show hosts.



Jumping on Trampolines:



Jumping on trampolines is fun. When I was a kid growing up in New Jersey nobody I knew that was actually fron New Jersey had a trampoline. The only people that had them were transplants from the west. For some reason, I thought having a trampoline meant you were rich. I have since come to find out that they aren't expensive. I did have an exercise trampoline when I was a kid. Wasn't that great.



***************************************************************************



So I started this post the end of May. I couldn't think of anything to say that was funny, novel etc. but I had to get it done. It was holding me down man. I had to break the chains and set myself free. This is what you get when you have a democratic voting system for post topics and a blogger who just comes up with choices out of thin air. Unfortunately, I don't have a set of rules that come into play when situation like this arise. Someday. I'm determined to bring more next time though. I have had a couple of ideas lately that may appear soon. We'll see.


I did put a new poll up on the top left for you to vote on. Take your time, think a lot, think of all the choices you've got, cause they won't be here tommorow, so vote a lot?...(Do you know where this poorly modified line comes from?)



Anyway, til next time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Uhhh... Yeah... Thank you, artist formerly known as Cat Stevens, (now known as Yusef Islam). "Father and Son", I believe? Sorry, did I ruin the fun for everyone else? Sorry Jimmy. That's what you get when you have me read it first...

Nicely done, by the way.

Lempskies said...

Have you ever seen the SCTV's skit "High Q" which spoofs Alex Trabeck? It's great. That guy always seems so annoyed at contestants, so this exagerates that. The rest of the DVD isn't all that funny, so I wouldn't waste $ renting it, but if your public library has it, I recommend checking it out just for that skit.