Thursday, November 6, 2008

Quit Mouthin' Off!


rant
n 1: a loud bombastic declamation expressed with strong emotion
[syn: harangue, ranting]
2: pompous or pretentious talk or writing [syn: bombast, fustian,
claptrap, blah]
v : talk in a noisy, excited, or declamatory manner [syn: mouth
off, jabber, spout, rabbit on, rave]

I don't think I rant-not according to this definition. I'm reluctant to even write on the topic. It seems to be a very common subject on blogs and I'm not sure I even want to participate. Why some people get off on demeaning or criticizing others is beyond me. I mean, aren't we all unique in our own ways. But no, there are those out there that always have to be the loud mouth idiot. They rant about politics, movies, cartoons, people with kids, people without kids, the list goes on and on.


Not me man. I am not going to rail on somebody just because they do something I don't like or do like for that matter. Can you believe that people make a living on rants? Lewis Black, Dennis Miller, Joe Biden. Idiots. There are blogs devoted to it. There are websites devoted to it. But not this one. No way. NO FLIPPIN' WAY!

Alright. I'm okay. Don't worry.


Puppies always help me feel better. The one on the right is sooo cute....

**********************************************************************************

Check out the new poll. I apparently phoned in the last one-unanimous vote and all. Don't forget to vote. If you need to take the day off to do it, don't feel bad, it's important.

I also added a new gadget. So if you don't want to comment and fully participate, you can just click on three choices to rate the post. Or you could do both....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no... you would NEVER rant. That is the most un-Jim like thing I've ever heard of. Just like I never use sarcasm.

Lempskies said...

We just found your blog & we LOVE it! Troy's a little disturbed that his hair is thinner, his waist is not, but you look exactly the same as you did in law school.
I love your description of ChuckECheese & all the "Carnies on Shrooms" post. Our tanking economy has had me fixated on the great depression lately. People had way too much time on their hands & were entertained by the silliest things (like flagpole sitting records). Anyway, we are glad you guys are well. Thanks for the laughs!